Sunday, June 16, 2019

Ontological

I believe in intelligent life.
I can see it in the skies.
I can see it in the eyes
of babes
and elephants.
I can see their souls rising
on stalks of benevolence
sleeping, under snow blankets
winter's undertow
springing forth in the thaw
quavering in awe
of mother earth
and father time's handiwork.
The universe sublime
so full of pantomime
and paradox...
the clocks, are, ticking
the seconds crashing down
in waves. The ocean's mighty roar
is shaking through the floor
and raising hairs and hackles.
Erasing bonds and shackles.
And that undeniable sound
is the true and unshakable ground
of ontological being. 
It's the face of God I am seeing. 
Smiling down, at my crown
which with shaking hands, I remove
with the wisdom I am behooved. 
The moon reflects the sun's light
and I, am bound, to thee. 
In moments like these
it makes sense;
thank you
and also, I
thank
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment